by Sanjay Gangal
This small, modern house was designed for an eminent author and professor of Native American studies. A widow now, she wanted to downsize from her 3200-square-foot house and live in a new, age-in-place home in a quiet, wooded neighborhood in Chapel Hill, NC, with her dog, Calamity Jane.
- Architects: Arielle Condoret Schechter
- Project: The Professor’s House
- Location: Chapel Hill, North Carolina USA
- Photography: Keith Isaacs, Raleigh, NC (except kitchen images – by ACS)
- Structural Engineer: Brian Moskow, Red Engineering and Design, Apex, NC
- Contractor: Ted Sanford, Immaculate Construction, Graham, NC
- Construction cost: $250/square foot READ MORE….