March 8, 2010 (RALEIGH, NC) – RHA Howell, Inc., a not-for-profit organization that has been helping people with disabilities and special needs and their families for more than 35 years, is pleased to announce five new “Friends Circle” level sponsors for RHA Howell’s Blue Tie Casino Night.
Blue Tie Casino Night is a major fundraiser to be held in New Bern, NC, on Saturday, April 17, beginning at 6 p.m. Proceeds will benefit the children and adults at RHA Howell’s Tar River and Greenville Group Homes, and River Bend Centers. The event will include music, fine food, signature drinks and a host of non-cash-prize casino-style games, such as Poker, Blackjack, and Roulette.
The five new “Friends Circle” sponsors ($500) are:
– Carolina Mobility & Seating, Inc., specialists in pediatric mobility and seating for eastern and central North Carolina and the Hampton Roads area of Virginia (www.carolinamobility.com)
– Bill Schmidt of Van Products, a Raleigh-based company that meets the specialized transportation requirements of physically challenged individuals (www.vanproducts.com).
– Hastings Ford, the Greenville, NC, dealership for new and pre-owned Ford vehicles and rentals (www.greenvillenewcars.dealerconnection.com).
– Tandemlock, a New Bern-based company that designs and manufactures customized lifting and mobilizing jobs for the transport industry, all branches of the military, port authorities, governments and agencies around the world (www.tandemlock.com).
– Morcom Medical Consultants, PLLC (formerly known as Medical Management Company), which was founded in 1995 by William Cromer, MD, and his partner John Moore, PA-C. Both Dr. Cromer and Morris have been caring for clients in the eastern RHA Howell facilities since that time. Dr. Cromer serves as Medical Director.
“It’s so gratifying when the wonderful people we work with us show their support for our fundraisers, especially in such a difficult economy and with devastating cuts in our funding,” said Debbie Valentine, RHA Howell’s marketing and special events planner. “The generosity of everyone represented in our ‘Friends Circle’ is an example of how we work together to open the world to people with disabilities.”
Blue Tie Casino Night will take place in the main ballroom of the Hilton River Front Hotel in New Bern. Tickets are $50 each with tables of 10 available for $400. Seating is limited. To purchase advance tickets, go to www.rhahowell.org/BlueTie.aspx or call RHA event coordinator Debbie Valentine at 919-803-2690. Preferred attire is “dressy cocktail” with an emphasis on blue rather than black tie, reflecting RHA Howell’s logo color.
The RHA Howell Tar River Center in Greenville is a pediatric unit supporting 30 medically fragile infants and children with disabilities. The Greenville Group Homes provide quality care for children and teenagers with developmental delays and special needs. The RHA Howell River Bend Center in New Bern is home to 125 children and young adults with developmental disabilities. Proceeds from the Blue Tie Casino Night will directly benefit each person served by these programs.
For more information on RHA Howell, Inc., visit www.rhahowell.org.
About RHA Howell, Inc.:
RHA Howell is a not-for-profit 501 (c) (3) organization that has been helping people with disabilities and special needs, and their families, make choices to live more independently for more than 35 years. Integrity, high standards for quality, hard work are at the core of every RHA Howell disability assistance program. Proven leaders in caring for people, RHA Howell, Inc. is a pioneering force in the field of human services, particularly supporting infants and children. For more information, go to www.rhahowell.org.